Yes, it is true that my baking skill remains stagnant since 2011, meaning that I keep making the same batch of banana muffins, banana choco-chip muffins, banana carrot muffins, brownies, chocolate-chip cookies, another banana bread. Yes, it is true that I need to put banana to any single muffins I made. Hey! It makes me feel I’m a good mom you know, sneak a healthy ingredient to homemade snack :p And yes it is true that I’m addicted to Nutella (who doesn’t?) and today we ran out of chocolate chip morsels – so we decided to make a Banana Nutella Muffins instead (we made a couple of times – long time ago).
I modified the recipe and sneaking up another “healthy” ingredient: a baby jar Beach-Nut puree* of apricot + pear + apple and reduced the sugar to 1/4 cup (because the baby jar is already sweet).
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 Beech-Nut fruits 4 Oz (you can omit this)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup oil
- 10 teaspoon Nutella
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease or spray 10 muffin cups (yes, not 12), or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a smaller bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and oil. Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Spoon a dollop of Nutella onto each muffin and swirl together well.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-17 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
*Khalif got hundreds of this baby jar foods from WIC each month – which I never give him any, but know I think we can use it for baking…sneaky!