Banana oh banana….I never get bored at it and the more I search recipes for bananas, I’ll end up got tons of it! Banana is in fact a number 1 fruit that is consumed by Americans even tough US itself isn’t produced any! I know it is not very GREEN to borrow something that is not locally produced, but….since it’s the most cheapest fruit (only 42 cents per lb, now is 54 cents) and very nutritious (loads of potassium, calcium, carbohydrate, etc) also could be make to many kind of good baking, smoothies, and popsicles recipes..I just can’t get resist to buy it. And as you know, the riper they are, the sweeter it will become. So you will need no sugar to make the following recipes..
So here are some recipes for:
Old Fashioned Banana Cake
Barefoot Contessa- How Easy is That cookbook
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (I didn’t use, hence if you want a lil more sugar, you can use 2-3 sachets of Equals)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed (I didn’t use)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature (or 3 large eggs)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I used low fat Yougurt, it will do good)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, after sifting (feel free to use half-half all-purpose fl and whole grain)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Banana Strawberry Smoothies
- 1 ripe banana, cut into chuncks
- 3 strawberries (use the frozen ones, it’s better! But thawed first 15 minutes in room temperature)
- 3 tbsp plain yoghurt or 1/2 cup of milk (can be low fat or whole milk, any kind!)
MIX all of the ingredients and whiz it! Perfect for healthy snack time for +10 months baby. This recipes can also be turned into a popsicle, just put it in your popsicle stick and freeze for 6 hours.
*You can change the strawberry to blueberry, raspberry, mango, blackberries….But stick with ripe banana, it will give a creamy texture to your smoothies. Enjoy!
Ps: the images in this post are not my photograph, I don’t know what’s wrong with my computer (using Linux), the images couldn’t be detected by wordpress x(