This recipe is very easy, healthy and basically you can use any kind of veggies (doesn’t have to be spinach). I got this from WIC 2011 Calendar. Hope you like it as much as I do:
Makes 4 – 6 servings
1 cup chopped onion (150 grams)
2 gloves minced garlic
3 tbsp, butter or margarine
2 lbs, fresh, chopped spinach/ or other greens ( 2 lb is 1000 gr, if it too much, you can use 500 gr)
4 eggs, beaten
4 cups cooked brown or white rice
1 cup low-fat milk
1 1/2 cups cheese, shredded
2 tbsp soy sauce
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 F deg ( 180 C)
2. Saute onions and garlic in margarine over medium heat until onions are soft
3. Add spinach, cook 2 minutes.
4. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
5. Spread into a well greased casserole dish and cover
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Serve.